This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, CT facility to join our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and contribute to management of an overall commodity supply base to ensure the company is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
The key duties involved in this position include:
- Leads an Account Team in managing a portfolio of key suppliers.
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from Account Team meetings.
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures the company is prepared to react appropriately.
- Drives supplier selection activities by chairing/participating in one or more Wilton Sourcing Teams.
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated contracts.
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as the company.
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction.
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts.
- Monitors supplier financial health.
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent.
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process.
- Supports supply base rationalization within the commodity.
- Helps drive closure on corrective action requests to suppliers. Participates in supplier audits and drives closure of findings.
Communicating with suppliers, meeting with suppliers and internal customers. MPI meetings, approve and submit RFQ’s, approve PO’s, daily supplier calls, Addressing internal stakeholders. Negotiations with suppliers.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in supplier management preferably in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment.
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred, especially within mechanics categories (machining, sheetmetal, fasteners, precision assembly, large frames, etc.).
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Negotiation skills are critical.
- Candidate needs to be able to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job. Must be able to professionally represent the company to outside companies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Bachelor's degree required. (Business Administration (or related) or Engineering preferred.Masters preferred.