ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Operations Program Manager will lead the implementation and industrialization of critical opto-mechanical products into the Wilton Factory. This person will be responsible for NPI activities for products that have cross functional deliverables from both the optics and assembly organizations and supplier deliverables. The candidate will evaluate products for make / buy decisions, taking into account the manufacturing competencies for a competitive advantage for ASML in technology, cost or time to market, and will need to interact with development engineering project teams, report on production readiness, industrialization plans, proto schedules, and cost estimates. This position leads a matrixed cross functional team consisting of manufacturing engineers, new product logistics, optical engineers, sourcing, planning, and factory. He/She will follow the ASML new production introduction process including key decision milestones and design reviews.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Develop manufacturing readiness plans to introduce new products into production. This should include timelines, key milestones for prototype readiness, as well as ramp to pilot and volume.
- Develop the facility expansion plans to handle this new project.
- Manage the cross functional team.
- Contribute to the strategic long term planning and manufacturing roadmap of ASML.
- Identify and mitigate risks to program introduction.
- Communicate clear plans to management.
- Manage key metrics such as cost of goods, labor hours, cycle times, on time delivery, etc.
- Program management to ensure commitments are met.
- Summarize budgetary needs for capital equipment and headcount.
- Clear reporting and escalation of issues/ barriers to senior management.
Minimum BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of (7) years experience, and at least 4 years in either Team or Project Leadership Role.
- Has interfaced with internal/external customers at a technical and task management level.
- Knowledge of critical Optics and Optical Assembly skills and competencies is preferred.
- Project Management skills and experience.
- Experience in ERP (preference SAP).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Analytical skills and highly accurate.
- Highly motivated, takes initiative.
- Works well in a dynamic environment.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Able to influence at high level within matrix organization.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.